To Start with
- A podium of culatello from the “White Pig” aged over 18, 27 and over 37 months under the supervision of Slow Foo, served with home prepared mix vegetables from the Court € 26
- The 40 months aged Culatello Gran Riserva Spigaroli from black pig with warm bread from the bakery “Picon” ancient recipe € 34
- The three ways of the eel, mousse with sesame seeds, lacquered and soused with raisins and the garden gelée € 28
- Our small salads and the sprouts from our garden with mustard vinaigrette, sponge bread with herbs and bottarga € 22
- The raw ox tartare filled with a bitter-sweet vegetable brunoise, truffle and a crunchy dried fruit wafer € 26
Pasta, Risotti and Broth
- The “Cannelloncini” filled pasta with rabbit, spring vegetables, scallops, wild herbs and its citrus fruits consommé € 22
- The pastry pockets filled with codfish on a carapace bisque and brackish water shrimps marinated in Extravirgin Olive Oil and Timut pepper € 22
- Traditional Parma style “Tortelli” stuffed with ricotta and spinach with butter sauce from red cow € 18
- Carnaroli rice from “La Mondina” farm , fava beans, peas, tosone fondue, a reduction of Fortana wine and a fake bottarga € 20
- Soft Parmigiano-Reggiano dumplings “Soffici” in hen broth under a puff pastry crust € 20
“In memory of Gualtiero Marchesi”
- Frog’s legs slightly goldened with sweet garlic and parsley on sweet mashed potatoes € 28
- The sturgeon cooked in the sand as my father used to recount me € 32
- The white shell egg, Urzano red fondue, asparagus and Culatello € 24
- Pinky lamb ribs, crispy Parmigiano, shank stewed with juniper on a fava beans purea € 30
- White ox fillet Artemisia scented with little caramelized vegetables and slightly smoked with poplar wood € 32
- The Spigaroli black Pork entrecote with its 110 days of maturation, marinated with wild herbs, pink pepper, caramelized spring onions and small vegetables € 36
- Truffled Guinea Fowl cooked with Culatello in the Po river’s clay served with vegetables from our garden € 60(for 2 people)
- The local territorial cheese selection from the Parmigiano-Reggiano to the sheep, goats and cow’s milk € 17
…since I was a small child I dreamt of becoming a chef!
For me there was no other choice…
Then when I was eighteen, I had another dream: to produce everything I cooked.
The castle where my father was born would be the perfect setting
to merge culture with hospitality…
and this dream came true when we bought the castle when I was thirty years old.
After twenty years, the renovations are now complete.
And now almost all my dreams have come true…
The last one that remains is of course the most difficult, the most important…
To create a grand restaurant to showcase what we produce
and the gastronomic culture of my homeland!
Just as I promised my mother…
To work towards my dreams, in silence and with humility.
Written in San Francisco on 22 of January 2010, overlooking the bay
Six years later I take the pen again! Several times I have held back …
but today the Antica Corte Pallavicina attracts guests from around the world that comes here to visit our Small World!
A farm that maintains, with its ancient knowledge, a territory where each animal breed or plant variety is preserved.
An archaic system, always defended by our family, a difficult path! Sometimes it seems impossible!
But in those moment I think what my kitchen would be without those products which are so important …
A kitchen that I would define “Gastro-fluvial” that helps not to lose the identity of my territory.