To Start with
- A podium of culatello from the “White Pig” aged over 18 and 27 months under the supervision of Slow Food and the “Black Pig” aged over 37 months, served with home prepared mix vegetables from the Court € 24.00
- The sweet and sour eel and catfish with raisins and green sprouts € 24
- The white shell egg on a purée of aubergines, peppers and carp caviar € 22
- The white ox tartare on a tomato and zucchini millefeuille and mustard mayonnaise € 22
Pasta and Risotti
- The three pastry pockets stuffed with pheasant, snail and hare € 22
- Pumpkin ravioli, cream of Jerusalem artichoke, hazelnuts, savory and mustard € 20
- Traditional Parma style “Tortelli” stuffed with ricotta and spinach with butter sauce from red cow € 18
- Rice savarin stuffed with mushrooms covered in cooked ham on a cream of Urzano cheese and artichokes € 20
- Soft Parmigiano-Reggiano dumplings “Soffici” in hen broth and black truffle under a puff pastry crust € 18
“In memory of Gualtiero Marchesi”
- Warm pike terrine in reduction of Bianco Po wine and carp caviar € 30
- Frog’s legs with sweet garlic and parsley on mashed potatoes and green sprouts € 28
- Duck, San Martin pears and sweet and sour little onions with balsamic vinegar € 30
- An idea of “finanziera” on a pumpkin royale and small vegetables € 32
- The black pork entrecote, its crispy lard, artichokes, pumpkin and Brussel sprouts € 36
- The capon with chestnuts and black truffles, broccoli and foie gras € 36
- Guinea Fowl cooked with Culatello in the Po river’s clay served with vegetables from our garden € 58
- The local territorial cheese selection from the Parmigiano-Reggiano to the sheep, goats and cow’s milk € 17
…since I was a small child I dreamt of becoming a chef!
For me there was no other choice…
Then when I was eighteen, I had another dream: to produce everything I cooked.
The castle where my father was born would be the perfect setting
to merge culture with hospitality…
and this dream came true when we bought the castle when I was thirty years old.
After twenty years, the renovations are now complete.
And now almost all my dreams have come true…
The last one that remains is of course the most difficult, the most important…
To create a grand restaurant to showcase what we produce
and the gastronomic culture of my homeland!
Just as I promised my mother…
To work towards my dreams, in silence and with humility.
Written in San Francisco on 22 of January 2010, overlooking the bay
Six years later I take the pen again! Several times I have held back …
but today the Antica Corte Pallavicina attracts guests from around the world that comes here to visit our Small World!
A farm that maintains, with its ancient knowledge, a territory where each animal breed or plant variety is preserved.
An archaic system, always defended by our family, a difficult path! Sometimes it seems impossible!
But in those moment I think what my kitchen would be without those products which are so important …
A kitchen that I would define “Gastro-fluvial” that helps not to lose the identity of my territory.