For years I have tried to grow an idea of territory, a territory that I define
Wetlands with a special microclimate linked to our river, where for centuries a cross of cultures has developed, a system made up of “men” and “products”
that have given life to a kitchen of great interest.
In a world that looks to globalization, I think it is important to defend
our identity made up of special products, water and fog.
To Start with
- A podium of culatello from the “White Pig” aged over 18, 27 and over 37 months under the supervision of Slow Food, served with home prepared mix vegetables from the Court € 26
- The 40 months aged Culatello Gran Riserva Spigaroli from black pig (Prince Charles) € 34
- The mousse and the soused of the eel on a vegetable marinade and Termarina grapes raisins € 28
- A thought about my garden on a mustard mayonnaise, anchovy sauce and little anchovies € 22
- The raw ox tartare filled with a bitter-sweet vegetable brunoise, truffle and a crunchy dried fruit wafer € 26
Pasta, Risotti and Broth
- Chicken ravioli cooked in a bladder with a 12-year-old Parmesan fondue and a fake Culatello bottarga (Alain Ducasse) € 22
- Black gnocchi stuffed with vegetables on a coulis of red peppers, scallops, pine nuts and savory € 22
- Traditional Parma style “Tortelli” stuffed with ricotta and spinach with butter sauce from red cow (George Clooney) € 18
- The Carnaroli and the wild rice, creamed with summer herbs and strips of sturgeon marinated in Gin € 20
- Soft Parmigiano-Reggiano dumplings “Soffici” in hen broth under a puff pastry crust (Gualtiero Marchesi) € 20
- Frog’s legs slightly goldened with sweet garlic and parsley on sweet mashed potatoes € 28
- The sturgeon on its restricted slightly scented with saffron and mussels € 32
- The white shell egg, San Giovanni creamy potatoes and early vegetables (Alice Waters) € 24
- The duck marinated in beer, flavored with myrtle with roasted peaches and chanterelles € 30
- “Nero Spigaroli” piglet with its crispy rind, prawns and beets € 36
- White ox fillet Artemisia scented with little caramelized vegetables and slightly smoked with poplar wood (Robert De Niro) € 32
- Truffled Guinea Fowl cooked with Culatello in the Po river’s clay served with vegetables from our garden € 60 (for 2 people)
- The local territorial cheese selection from the Parmigiano-Reggiano to the sheep, goats and cow’s milk € 17
…since I was a small child I dreamt of becoming a chef!
For me there was no other choice…
Then when I was eighteen, I had another dream: to produce everything I cooked.
The castle where my father was born would be the perfect setting
to merge culture with hospitality…
and this dream came true when we bought the castle when I was thirty years old.
After twenty years, the renovations are now complete.
And now almost all my dreams have come true…
The last one that remains is of course the most difficult, the most important…
To create a grand restaurant to showcase what we produce
and the gastronomic culture of my homeland!
Just as I promised my mother…
To work towards my dreams, in silence and with humility.
Written in San Francisco on 22 of January 2010, overlooking the bay
Six years later I take the pen again! Several times I have held back …
but today the Antica Corte Pallavicina attracts guests from around the world that comes here to visit our Small World!
A farm that maintains, with its ancient knowledge, a territory where each animal breed or plant variety is preserved.
An archaic system, always defended by our family, a difficult path! Sometimes it seems impossible!
But in those moment I think what my kitchen would be without those products which are so important …
A kitchen that I would define “Gastro-fluvial” that helps not to lose the identity of my territory.