To Start with
- A podium of culatello from the “White Pig” aged over 18 and 27 months under the supervision of Slow Food and the “Black Pig” aged over 37 months, served with home prepared mix vegetables from the Court – € 24.00
- Eel and sweet and sour catfish with raisins, radicchio and green sprouts – € 24
- The white poached egg, cream of fava beans, asparagus and Carp caviar – € 22
- A thought about my garden, mustard mayonnaise, anchovies and flowers – € 18
Pasta and Risotti
- Traditional Parma style “Tortelli” stuffed with ricotta and spinach with red cow butter – € 18
- Soft Parmigiano-Reggiano dumplings “Soffici” in broth with peas and asparagus, under a puff pastry crust – € 18
- Gnocchi filled with snails, hints of wood, chanterelles and nettles – € 22
- The “raviolotti” of lamb on a Urzano red fondue – € 20
- The savarin of black and white rice with a ragout of river fish and peas – € 20
- Frog’s legs with sweet garlic and parsley on mashed potatoes and green sprouts – € 26
- The tench fillets sandwiched with vegetables and the slightly spicy sturgeon – € 30
- The different forms of the low land lamb – € 34
- The three cooking of the mallard duck, the confit thigh, the pink chest – € 30
- The rabbit trilogy, peas puree and green vegetables – € 32
- The black pig of Parma with its rind and crunchy Mortadella Bologna – € 32
- Guinea Fowl cooked with Culatello in the Po river’s clay served with vegetables from our garden – € 58 (for 2 people)
- Local territory cheese selection from the Parmigiano-Reggiano to the sheep, goats and cow’s milk – € 17
…since I was a small child I dreamt of becoming a chef!
For me there was no other choice…
Then when I was eighteen, I had another dream: to produce everything I cooked.
The castle where my father was born would be the perfect setting
to merge culture with hospitality…
and this dream came true when we bought the castle when I was thirty years old.
After twenty years, the renovations are now complete.
And now almost all my dreams have come true…
The last one that remains is of course the most difficult, the most important…
To create a grand restaurant to showcase what we produce
and the gastronomic culture of my homeland!
Just as I promised my mother…
To work towards my dreams, in silence and with humility.
Written in San Francisco on 22 of January 2010, overlooking the bay
Six years later I take the pen again! Several times I have held back …
but today the Antica Corte Pallavicina attracts guests from around the world that comes here to visit our Small World!
A farm that maintains, with its ancient knowledge, a territory where each animal breed or plant variety is preserved.
An archaic system, always defended by our family, a difficult path! Sometimes it seems impossible!
But in those moment I think what my kitchen would be without those products which are so important …
A kitchen that I would define “Gastro-fluvial” that helps not to lose the identity of my territory.