To Start with
- A podium of culatello from the “White Pig” aged over 18 and 27 months under the supervision of Slow Food and the “Black Pig” aged over 37 months, served with home prepared mix vegetables from the Court € 24.00
- The sweet and sour eel and catfish with raisins and green sprouts € 24
- The white shell egg on a purée of aubergines, peppers and carp caviar € 22
- The white ox tartare on a tomato and zucchini millefeuille and mustard mayonnaise € 22
Pasta and Risotti
- Gnocchi stuffed with vegetables, shrimps and anchovies € 20
- The “raviolotti” of lamb on a Urzano red fondue, zucchini and their flowers € 20
- The black and white risotto creamed with sweet peppers, drops of green sauce and tosone cheese € 20
- The warm soup of leeks and potatoes, zucchini flower stuffed with ricotta and vegetables € 18
- Traditional Parma style “Tortelli” stuffed with ricotta and spinach with red cow butter € 18
- The golden scallops, filets of tench, crunchy Mortadella Bologna and chanterelles mushrooms € 28
- Frog’s legs with sweet garlic and parsley on mashed potatoes and green sprouts € 26
- The veal tender on a nest of green beans and sweetbreads € 32
- The black pork entrecote, its crispy lard and a mirepoix from our garden € 36
- The two cooking of the duck, pink chest and the stewed thigh with the roasted peaches € 30
- The white beef steak with iodized salt of Salsomaggiore and a little vegetables lasagna € 36
- Guinea Fowl cooked with Culatello in the Po river’s clay served with vegetables from our garden € 58
- The local territorial cheese selection from the Parmigiano-Reggiano to the sheep, goats and cow’s milk € 17
…since I was a small child I dreamt of becoming a chef!
For me there was no other choice…
Then when I was eighteen, I had another dream: to produce everything I cooked.
The castle where my father was born would be the perfect setting
to merge culture with hospitality…
and this dream came true when we bought the castle when I was thirty years old.
After twenty years, the renovations are now complete.
And now almost all my dreams have come true…
The last one that remains is of course the most difficult, the most important…
To create a grand restaurant to showcase what we produce
and the gastronomic culture of my homeland!
Just as I promised my mother…
To work towards my dreams, in silence and with humility.
Written in San Francisco on 22 of January 2010, overlooking the bay
Six years later I take the pen again! Several times I have held back …
but today the Antica Corte Pallavicina attracts guests from around the world that comes here to visit our Small World!
A farm that maintains, with its ancient knowledge, a territory where each animal breed or plant variety is preserved.
An archaic system, always defended by our family, a difficult path! Sometimes it seems impossible!
But in those moment I think what my kitchen would be without those products which are so important …
A kitchen that I would define “Gastro-fluvial” that helps not to lose the identity of my territory.